Thehorse.com - Full Article
An equine nutritionist answers common questions about beet pulp.
Posted by Clair Thunes, PhD | Feb 19, 2018
Q. I have some questions about feeding beet pulp.
• Is it a forage or concentrate? Should it have added molasses or should it be plain?
• Should it be in flake- or pellet-form?
• What’s the correct water to beet pulp ratio?
• How much should a horse eat per pound of body weight, and do you measure it with the beet pulp soaked or un-soaked?
• What supplements should be included if any to ensure balanced nutrition?
I’d appreciate any input you have on the pros and cons of feeding beet pulp.
Read the answer at:
Post a Comment