To: Show management, secretaries and organizers of FEI level shows
From: Sara Ike, USADA/WADA liaison
Date: December 11, 2006
Re: Athlete Doping Control Stations
Please be advised that as per the FEI General Regulations Article 145.5, any International competitor may be tested for prohibited substances according to the World Anti-Doping Code in competition with no advance notice.
Therefore it is possible that Doping Control Officers (DCOs) may arrive at your show with no advance notice and you will be asked to provide a venue for athlete drug testing.
Guidelines for a suitable doping control station are:
· reserved solely for doping control
· handicap accessible
· restricted access by authorized personnel only
· secure enough to store drug testing equipment
· ideally comprised of a waiting room, processing room, and male/female bathrooms
· at least two tables for processing
· a trash can
· appropriate lighting
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at 908-326-1164 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org