Sunday, January 18, 2015

Equine Traveling Papers - Full Article

By Rebecca Gimenez PhD

Here’s a rundown of key documents you need when you travel with your horse.

When you travel with your horse, you need to carry a number of documents, especially if you're crossing state lines.

Some documents show your horse is healthy. Some will help you if you're in an emergency situation. Others are proof of ownership and registration of your horse, your tow vehicle, and your trailer. Some states require an entry permit and brand-inspection certificate, as well. Do your research well ahead of traveling!

Here's a rundown of key documents you should have when you travel with your horse. Keep the originals of these papers with you, and the copies at home, in a safe place, where someone there can locate them.

In addition to these documents, be sure to carry your driver's license, proof of insurance, and registration papers for your tow vehicle and trailer...

- See more at:

No comments: